Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Problem with Android

A good article about the major issue with the Android OS on mobile phones at the moment.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/361948/developers-battle-with-over-100-different-versions-of-android
Anyone that owns an Android based phone, and has a few friends that do, is probably already aware of the issue at hand.  The Android OS has become splintered by different phone manufacturers, with each one doing his or her own thing with the OS, making it a nightmare for developers to ensure that apps designed for the Android OS work across all the platforms.

10 comments:

  1. yup. definitely not for hipsters.

    <3 android

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to worry about that, cause I got an iPhone.

    I've played with both, I definitely enjoyed the iphone LOTS better.

    But, I'm not a fanboy, nor am I trying to start a ruckus, just giving an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. needs a tightend grip on standards

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. backfired, indeed. hopefully i'll still get my apps....

    ReplyDelete
  5. the only problemis its to cool

    ReplyDelete